Educational Centre Project in Tichindeal, Romania
What are we going to do?
The project began 3 years ago, where the building of the educational center started. With students from the Noorderpoort, Alfa-college and Terra MBO in the Netherlands, we are continuing the near completion of the beautiful building. With the help that the students provide, the process of the build and the cost of labour are reduced significantly. Due to these low costs, the money that we save can be used for the remainder of the construction. Every school day children can come to the center to do their homework. If they need additional support with their homework, it is provided.
The current situation
The non-profit foundation, “Actie Roemenië” is active in some very poor villages northeast of Sibiu, among which there is a village called “Tichindeal.”
Many of the children do not attend school. Unfortunately, the reason for this is because there is a lack of funding for education in this country. The children who are being helped by the foundation get the chance to go to school.
In addition to following the lessons, homework is just as important. The children must be supported with their school work, but most parents have not been to school themselves and are therefore unable to support the children. We would like these children to get good guidance with their school work and homework, which will have a beneficial effect on their school results.
Goal “Stichting Actie Roemenië” with regard to the educational center
Our goal is that the children can further develop themselves. To make this goal a reality, “Actie Roemenië” wants to offer the children a safe environment with enough support and materials.
When the goal is achieved, the children have the chance to get better school results. Furthermore, the aim is to involve younger children and adults from the village in this project.
Parties involved in the construction:
- Non-profit foundation “Actie roemenië” has so far brought together a large part of the development and construction.
- Erasmus+ has made money available for transport & accomodation and to learn about the culture.
- Non-profit foundation “Lamp” has also contributed to construction.
- Noorderpoort, Alfa-college & Terra MBO have also provided a substantial amount of money in addition to students for construction.
- Supporting Guidance: Sanne van Neijenhof, Johan Steenhuis, Gerrit Katoen and Peter.
- Project Management: Frank Broeders, Gerry Blaauw and Hans Buissink.
The realization of this project will be made possible by students from Noorderpoort, Alfa College and Terra MBO, who will continue building the educational center.
In addition to the students, there will also be other participants coming to carry out the project such as:
- A student from the “Entree Opleiding Horeca." They will prepare lunch every day and provide coffee and tea on breaks.
- A student from "Business & Administration" and also “Marketing and Communication." They are responsible for Marketing, Communication, PR and Organization.
- Teachers from all three schools